Attention Education students:
You are cordially invited to attend the two Northern Kentucky University Teacher Career Fairs!
- The Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Education Career Fair is a collaboration between several area universities and is large event with over 70 employers. Primarily Ohio school systems, but it also draws employers from many states, including Kentucky. This fair is Tues., March 28, 2017. Details below.
- NKU's Teacher Career/Networking Fair is held at NKU on Mon., April 24, 2017 **NEW DATE!** and is an opportunity for NKU students and alumni to meet up to 20 employers seeking NKU candidates. Primarily school systems from Kentucky. Sophomores and juniors are also welcome to attend this fair. Details below.
Why attend the Teacher Career Fairs
- Teacher and school counselor positions.
- A way for schools and districts to meet large numbers of students and vice versa.
- A chance for students to network with school and district personnel by presenting themselves professionally and handing out their resumes.
- Opportunity for representatives to talk about their schools and districts.
- A great way for students to ask questions about careers and job opportunities.
- Graduating students and graduates should consider attending both NKU's Teacher Networking/Career Fair and the Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Education Career Fair!
How to prepare for networking events and career fairs:
- Review the list of registered organizations prior to the fair and research those of interest.
- Watch the Training Session for Teacher Career Fairs here.
- Dress professionally (suit is best, but business casual is acceptable - no jeans, t-shirts, caps, athletic shoes, etc.), bring multiple copies of your resume and your ALL CARD, and be prepared to speak with employers. If you have a tight budget, see Professional Clothing Resources.
- Have your resume reviewed at the Career Services prior to the event.
- Career Services walk-in hours are Monday and Wednesday, 2:30 to 4 p.m. and Thursday from 3 to 4:45 p.m. in UC 225. Students unable to make walk-in hours may schedule an appointment for a resume review by calling 859-572-5680.
- Sample job search materials for teacher candidates are available at http://careerservices.nku.edu/students/teachercandidates.html