Resumes and Cover Letters Workshop and Guides
To learn about how to write resumes and cover letters for your job or co-op/internship search, attend the Resumes and Cover Letters Workshop. See Programs/Events for dates/times. This classroom-style presentation will cover the following topics:
- Essential components of a resume
- Types of resumes for different levels of experience
- Tips for making your resume memorable and error-free
- Samples of each section of a resume
- An overview of cover letters and other job-search letters
- An in-depth look at the following guides:
Resume Preparation Guide
A great starting place for those beginning a co-op, internship, or job search. This guide includes common resume formats, traditional and optional components, and customization tips. Also includes a helpful reference sheet for action words, as well as numerous sample resumes.
Cover Letters & Other Job-Search Correspondence Guide
No resume is complete without a cover letter, and a well-written thank-you letter can help you land the job! This guide describes the purpose and use of job-search correspondence and how to write the various types of letters.