Job Expo 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 3-6 p.m.
Student Union Ballroom
Registered Employers and Position Details:
Who should attend Job Expo?
- Students graduating within the next year and seeking full-time employment.
- Students seeking a co-op/internship within the next year.
- Students wanting to explore different career areas and majors with a variety of organizations.
- Alumni seeking employment information.
Why attend Job Expo?
- An excellent opportunity for all students and alumni to meet and network with recruiters representing business, technical, non-profit, and government organizations.
- Employers will be seeking candidates for co-ops, internships and full-time professional positions for current openings and summer and fall opportunities.
Connecting over 100 employers with students and alumni who are seeking full-time and co-op/internship opportunities!
Watch this video (2:38) to learn why you should attend.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR JOB EXPO:
All students should dress professionally (suit is best), bring multiple copies of their resumes and their ALL CARDs, and be prepared to speak with employers.
Be sure to check out our Spring Programs 2013 (workshops covering resumes, job searching, etc.) and visit Career Services (UC 225) to have your resume reviewed. Walk-in hours (no appointment necessary) are M-W, 2:30 to 4 p.m. and Th., 4-5:45 p.m. or you may call 859-572-5680 for an appointment. If you cannot attend a resume workshop, see our Resume Preparation Guide.
All attendees should research participating organizations prior to the expo on Norse Recruiting, the organizations' websites, and other online and print resources. The Job Expo Training Sessions (below) will cover these research methods in detail. For additional tips, see our Ready, Set, Go! handout.
If you missed the Training Session, watch this video (12:39).
Training Session for Job Expo:
Tips on how to prepare and network with employers:
- Monday, February 18, 12-1 p.m., SU 302
- Monday, February 18, 5-6 p.m., SU 302
- Tuesday, February 19, 4:45-5:45 p.m., SU 109
Special Extended Career Services Walk-in Hours:
These hours are in addition to our regular walk-in hours and are designed for last-minute resume review. You can expect 10-15 minutes with our staff. Come to UC 225.
- Friday, February 22, noon-4 p.m.
- Monday, February 25, noon-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 26, noon-4 p.m.
Upload your resume to Norse Recruiting before midnight Tues., Feb. 26 so it can be included in a Resume Book for employers. Doing so will give employers the capability to search for your resume (and other qualified applicants) based on your Profile information. Be sure to have your resume professionally reviewed before uploading (See "How to Prepare for Job Expo" above). To upload your resume, click "My Documents" under the "My Account" tab on the Norse Recruiting header.
Please bring your ALL CARD to Job Expo so that a nametag can be quickly printed for you that day. To ensure your nametag has your name, major, and graduation date listed correctly, you MUST update your profile on Norse Recruiting (also under "My Account").
Call Career Services at 859-572-5680 if you have questions about the event.