Career Expo 2017
Wednesday, February 22, 2-5 p.m.
Student Union Ballroom
- 135+ employers representing business, technical, non-profit, health, and government organizations.
- Employers seek NKU students NOW for co-ops, internships and full-time professional positions for current openings and next summer/fall opportunities. Don't miss out!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Students & graduate students graduating within the next year seeking full-time employment.
- Students seeking a co-op/internship within the next year.
- Students wishing to explore career options.
- Recent graduates.
- Faculty/Staff (network with employers, learn about Expo).
- ALL STUDENTS / MAJORS WELCOME!
Employer Info., Desired Majors, & Positions:
- Career Expo Employer Directory (42-page PDF) as of 2/17
- Career Expo Employer List (16-page PDF) as of 2/17
- HireNKU Student Login (details/links)
- Employer List - Accounting
- Employer List - Arts & Sciences/All Majors
- Employer List - Business
- Employer List - Construction Management
- Employer List - Healthcare
- Employer List - International Students
- Employer List - IT
- Career Expo Employer List - Nonprofit/Government
- Career Expo Sponsors
- Career Expo 2017 Flyer
- Career Expo 2016 video - The Northerner
- Getting Ready for Career Expo video - The Northerner
- Students and Employers Look for Match at Career Expo (The Northerner)
HOW TO PREPARE FOR CAREER EXPO:
You should dress professionally (suit is best, but business casual is acceptable - no jeans, t-shirts, caps, athletic shoes, etc.), bring multiple copies of your resume and your ALL CARD, and be prepared to speak with employers. If you have a tight budget, see Professional Clothing Resources.
Be sure to check out our Spring Programs 2017 (workshops covering resumes, job searching, etc.) and visit Career Services (UC 225) to have your resume reviewed. Walk-in hours (no appointment necessary) are M & W, 2:30 to 4 p.m. and Th., 3-4:45 p.m., or you may call 859-572-5680 for an appointment. If you cannot attend a resume workshop, see our Resume Preparation Guide.
You should research participating organizations prior to the Expo on HireNKU, the organizations' websites, and other online and print resources. The career fair preparation videos above will cover these research methods in detail. Don't forget to download the Career Fair Plus app (see links above). For additional tips, see video: How to Work a Career Fair.
Special Extended Career Services Walk-in Hours:
These are in addition to our regular hours and are designed for last-minute resume review. You can expect 10-15 minutes with our staff. Come to UC 225.
- Fri., February 17, noon-4 p.m.
- Mon., February 20, noon-4 p.m.
- Tues., February 21, noon-4 p.m.
Upload your resume to HireNKU by Tues., Feb. 21 so it can be accessed by employers. Many of the employers in HireNKU have the capability to search for your resume based on your Profile information such as your major, graduation date, etc. Be sure to have your resume reviewed in Career Services before uploading. To upload your resume, click "My Documents" under the "My Account" tab on the HireNKU header.
Please bring your ALL CARD to Career Expo so that a nametag can be quickly printed for you that day. To ensure your nametag has your name, major, and graduation date listed correctly, you MUST update your profile on HireNKU (also under "My Account").
Call Career Services at 859-572-5680 if you have questions. Please also call us if you require an accommodation based on a disability.