Learn about yourself, explore career options, make career decisions, and put your plans into action. We are here to:
- Assist you with choosing a major, finding a co-op/internship, planning for graduate school, or finding your first full-time professional position.
- Teach you skills in resume writing, interviewing, and job-search strategies.
- Connect you with employers through career fairs, on-campus interviews, and the online HireNKU job-posting database.
Steps to Get Started
- Review our services listed below and on the left menu.
- Activate your HireNKU (formerly named Norse Recruiting) account and begin searching for positions.
- Attend our workshops/events. See Spring Programs 2017.
- Write your resume and upload it to HireNKU.
- Prep for interviews with InterviewStream, workshops, or a mock interview.
- Follow the Career Development Timeline as a guide.
- Visit us for questions/assistance.
Overview of Services
Job-Search and Career Exploration Workshops
HireNKU (job postings & on-campus interviews)
Career Fairs & Special Events
Mock Interview Service
Co-ops and Internships
Career Development Course (CEP 101)
FOCUS2: An Online Career Planning Tool
- Workshops/Events this week.
- Seeking a co-op, internship, or full-time position? Upload a resume to HireNKU and check for listed positions.
- Desire shift work or a part-time job? See Part-time student jobs list
- Beware of Job Posting Scams.
- FBI: Employment Scam Targeting College Students Remains Prevalent
- Interested in winning a free t-shirt? Follow us on social media for chances to win!
University Center 225
M-W; F: 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Th: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.
Walk-in Career Advising
(10-15 minutes for resume reviews and brief questions)
M, W: 2:30-4 p.m.
Th: 3-4:45 p.m.
Career Advising Appointments