Welcome! We are available to assist NKU faculty/staff in providing students with career and employment information. Keeping up with the vast quantity of information related to careers and the job-search process is difficult. We can help!
We greatly appreciate faculty/staff who encourage students to utilize our services and who partner with us to help students make wise career choices. For additional information and resources, see the student pages of this website.
In addition, see the left menu to access tips on writing letters of recommendation, information regarding our staff making class presentations, and details about our Norse Recruiting database for co-ops/internships and full-time positions. Please contact us - we look forward to partnering with you!
A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring
Helping students in their job searches can result in unanticipated illegal or unethical actions. The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) has developed a faculty guide that addresses these issues.
Career Information Resources
We use a variety of resouces when we work with students and employers. When students contact you for career guidance, you may find the following resources valuable as well:
- Internet Resources compiled by Career Services
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Employment Statistics
- Georgetown University Center for Education and the Workforce
- National Association of Colleges and Employers Knowledge Center
- Michigan State University Collegiate Employment Research Institute
- 2014 Regional Indicators Report for Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky
- First Destinations for the College Class of 2014 - NACE Report
Career Services is a member of and adheres to the ethical and professional guidelines of the following professional associations: