Career Services works with employers on an individual and case-by-case basis to ensure quality customer service.
HireNKU (our online recruiting and job-posting system) is reserved for professional, degree-related opportunities including paid and un-paid experiential educational positions. Opportunities that do not relate to a degree offered at NKU can be posted on an internal physical and electronic space for student viewing.
- Organizations must be deemed legitimate with verifiable business name, physical address, email address, phone number, website, and provide the name of a contact that can be reached. Start-ups and new organizations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Some organizations may be granted Norse Recruiting “Jobs Only” or "Jobs and Students Only" access and will not be eligible for mass emailing.
The following will not be granted access:
- Organizations charging a fee (other than professional licensure) for any service or listing.
- Franchising opportunities.
- Any 1099 opportunities.
- Multi-level marketing (MLM) organizations.
- Any organization whose nature of business or mission violates or potentially violates the NKU Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Career Services may provide direct assistance to third-party recruiters under the following definition and guidelines:
- National Association of Colleges and Employers’ defines third-party recruiters and organizations as: “…agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment.”
- Charges no fees to the applicants.
- Reveals to the Career Services the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationships between the agency and the employer and permits verification of this information by contacting the named client.
- Provides a position description for valid requisitions.
- Career Services may require the name of the employer being represented to be identified on announcements.