SAVE THE DATES - Fall Career Fairs 2015:
- Career Connections (business-related positions), Thurs., Sept. 24, 3-6 p.m., Student Union Ballroom
- Meet the Firms (accounting), Thurs., Sept. 24, 3-6 p.m., Student Union 108/109
- STEM & Nonprofit/Government Career Fair, Wed., Sept. 30, 3-6 p.m., Student Union Ballroom
- Invitations will go out mid-June. For information, contact Juliane Stockman
Welcome to Career Services! Our employer relations goals are to deliver exceptional customer service, connect students and opportunity, and assist organizations with navigating the campus. Some of our services include:
- Norse Recruiting database accessible to organizations including resume searching and free job posting.
- On-Campus recruitment such as interviewing, information sessions and mock interviewing.
- Networking opportunities with faculty and students during career fairs and special events.
- Branding and marketing assistance navigating the campus, connecting to faculty, and targeting various student demographics.
See the left menu for additional information and review our Employer Recruiting Guide.
One of the biggest challenges facing organizations is recruitment. Human Resources and hiring managers face the task of building and maintaining a talent pipeline that is the right fit with limited resources. Career Services offers individual guidance and creative solutions to recruiting challenges:
- Build an on-campus brand and increase visibility.
- Choose the best major(s) based on your needed skill sets.
- Build relationships with key contacts (faculty, institutes or student organizations).
- Target marketing to specific learning communities.
- Create a just-in-time recruitment schedule and timeline.
- Utilize a flexible co-op and internship program.
Register with our centralized online recruiting database, Norse Recruiting, for accessing students of all majors; it is the first and best place to begin your recruiting efforts.
Contact the Employer Relations team for recruitment assistance.
Employer Relations and Recruitment Services
There are over 15,000 reasons to hire a Norse.
- Students that demonstrate a strong work ethic and readiness to work.
- Current curriculums and cutting-edge technology
- The campus proximity to one of the largest metro areas in the country.
- Highly engaged campus committed to growing the NKY-Cincinnati community.
- Core-based education promoting critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- NKU is listed in Forbes’ America’s Best Colleges, 2012 edition.
NKU by the Numbers:
- More than 15,000 students.
- Third-largest university in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Degrees: 6 Associate, 77 Bachelor, 21 Master, 1 Juris Doctor, 2 Doctor.
- Over 80% of undergraduates students work.
- Approximately 40% of undergraduate students self-identify as first-generation college students.
- 56% female.
- 84% white, 6% black, 2% Hispanic, 8% other.
- 67% Kentucky residents.
- Average age of undergraduate student: 24.